Consumer Noize Links
Everything's connected in this digitial world. If you're serious about issues of trust in business -- or want to learn more about "best practices", pay a visit to these sites from around the world..
In North America:
- Industry Canada - Office of Consumer Affairs, Ottawa
- U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Intenational Trade Administration - Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Federal Consumer Information Center, Washington
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission - Washington
- AARP, Washington
- Better Business Bureaus (BBB):
- Center for the Study of Consumer Services/Checkbook, Washington, DC
- Consumers Council of Canada, Toronto
- Consumer Federation of America, Washington
- Consumers Union, Yonkers (New York)
- Consumer World:
- Direct Marketing Association, New York
- National Advertising Review Council, New York
- National Assoc. of Attorneys General, Washington
- National Assoc. of Consumer Agency Administrators, Brentwood (Tennessee)
- National Consumers League, Washington
- National Standards Organizations:
- Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals (SOCAP-- U.S. and Canada)):
- SOCAP International, Alexandria (Virginia)
- Union des consommateurs, Montreal
- United States Council for International Business (USCIB), New York
- More To Come -
Tom Peters on Corporate Social Responsibiity
The BBB International Torch Awards program recognizes two businesses and one individual in three categories: Marketplace Excellence, Advancing Marketplace Trust, and Consumer Leadership. This year's awards were held on April 20, 2010.
"Experian, is this really "social responsibility"?”
Check out our blog, Consumer Noize
"Toyota...a global market leader, tying itself in knots.”
"Excellent Customer Service -- from T.S.A.”
"Toyota: The first duty of love is to listen”
"Trust in social media; in the eye of the beholder?"
"Toyota and Google: When You Lose Your Teflon Coating"
"It's about trust, stupid"?